cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO 7.5 and 7.5 SP1 not sending stmp alert notifications by email

c_m_a
Level 3

After install DLO 7.5 and now 7.5 SP1, i'm not getting smtp alert notifications by email. The DLO register all information but i'm not receiving them in my email. In 7.0 version, this feature works fine.
The only alerts i'm getting is "No backups in 14, 28, 7 days". All the other warning alerts (include erros and information) i'm not getting. 

For example the DLO generate the alert "No matching automated user assignment". DLO register this information in alerts tab console, but i'm not receiving in my email. Other alerts like backup sucessfull or no backups in 14, 28, 7 days i'm receiving.

Any idea?

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

Have you applied this post DLO 7.5 sp1 hotfix    http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH215523 ?

c_m_a
Level 3

Hi!
Yes. After applied this hotfix, the alert "user was configured" works fine, sending this alert to me by email, but the others alerts continues with the same problem.

lmosla
Level 6

Were the desktop agents updated also?

c_m_a
Level 3

Yes. Clients updated to 75906b version.

Thank you!

lmosla
Level 6

Try running a repair from add and remove programs and then restart the server.  If that doesnt help please run debugging and post the results.  refer: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160219

c_m_a
Level 3

After several installations, configurations with DLO 7.5, as you known, same problem, either version 7.5 as in 7.5 SP1.
Today i installed the DLO 7.0 version. Same installation, same configuration, same username, same server and desktop... The alerts that i didn't receive in 7.5 version, now i receive in DLO 7.0.
Below some examples of alerts that I do not get in version 7.5 but now i'm getting in version 7.0..
May be a problem with version 7.5 since the same installation and configuration used in 7.0, the problems are resolved.

Example 1

De: "DLO_VER7.0" <backup.dlo@>
Para: <>
Data: 06/06/2014 14:41
Assunto: [DLO] No matching automated user assignment for user 'example\example'. Desktop Agent is disabled.

Alert Properties

No matching automated user assignment for user 'example\example'. Desktop Agent is disabled.

Origin
============================================================
Type: Warning
Time alert received: 6/6/2014 2:37:43 PM

Details
Operation: User Assignment
Summary: No matching automated user assignment for user 'example\example'. Desktop Agent is disabled.

Example 2

De: "DLO_VER7.0" <backup.dlo@>
Para: <>
Data: 06/06/2014 14:51
Assunto: [DLO] User was configured.

Alert Properties

User was configured.

Origin
Type: Information
User: example\example
Source computer: example
Time alert received: 6/6/2014 2:49:32 PM

Details
Operation: User Assignment
Summary: User was configured.

c_m_a
Level 3

Another test:

After everything working on DLO version 7, i updated the server to version 7.5 SP1. After updating, the alerts that were working stopped working again.
What was done:

1 - With the version 7.5 server and agent desktop in version 7.0. Smtp alerts don't work.

2 - Upgrade the agent desktop to version 7.5. Smtp alerts don't work.

Using version 7.0 is a problem since it is not compatible with the version of Windows 8.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would recommend to log a formal support case so that we could investigate this further with ver 7.5

Additionally, SDLO 7.6 is currently in beta. If interested, consider testing this new version as well - http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/symantec-dlo-76-beta-windows-mac

c_m_a
Level 3

Hi VJware!
I already have one since may 28th. The number is 06662144.
Thank you!