cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO 7.5 crashes on Windows 8

bleyton
Level 2

I was anxiously awaiting the release of DLO 7.5, since we recently upgraded all of our PCs to ones running Windows 8.  I installed it on my server, and attempted to install it.  I was able to push-install the DLO client only to the Windows XP machines that remain on the network.  Push install didn't work on the Win8 clients.

Ok, so I attempted to manually install it on my own desktop.  It installed properly, but when I try to start the backup job, it works for a while and then crashes with the following error in the log:

Faulting application name: DLOClientu.exe, version: 7.5.750.9601, time stamp: 0x5107dd28
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16420, time stamp: 0x505ab405
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ea485
Faulting process id: 0x1a38
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce3a04d4d21216
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DLO\DLOClientu.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 38fea314-a5f8-11e2-be74-10bf484e8a27
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

If I try restarting the DLO client, it tells me that the task scheduler is not running.  I checked, and it appears that the task scheduler is indeed running.

Anyone else having the same or similar problems?  Has anyone successfully used DLO 7.5 on Windows 8?

Thanks,

Brian Leyton
IT Manager
Commercial Petroleum Equipment

6 REPLIES 6

Nosvarato
Level 3
Partner Accredited

I cannot comment on the Push-Install working, cause I can't get any product to push install to win 8. cheeky

DLO 7.5 backups are running flawlessly on Windows 8 (x86 and x64). Have you completely updated Win 8 through Windows Update? Especially the General Availability update (KB2756872 I think) cause it does fix alot of programs that was misbehaving since RTM

bleyton
Level 2

My system is completely up-to-date.  

Tried rebooting, to see if that would clear it up, but it still went for a little while then crashed.

Nosvarato
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Are you using the DEDUP in DLO (setup up a dedupped storage location)?

and which AV are you using, try creating exclusions for DLOClientu.exe, might be caused by buffer overflow detections

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would recommend to log a formal support case for us to review the crash dump.

Hippertski74
Not applicable

I remember this happening to me and I had to close the DLO client then stop all services relating to DLO then delete the scheduled task associated with DLO. Then I restarted the services and then opened the client and it worked.

abudeeb
Not applicable

It works for me on Windows 8 if I run DLO as an administrator. Give it a try, right click on DLO under startup menu and choose run as an administrator.