cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO 7.6 License expiration error

Nuno_P_Silva
Level 4

Hi,

I have an error on some users saying that DLO License expired.

Is the same error that is on this support case: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/symantec-dlo-license-has-expired

So, the solution is not acceptable because this is affecting many users and the last thing i need is to go ahead removing all and reinstalling....

I know that this problem afected previous versions also and it should be expected a resolution to this, but i cannot find nothing else than "remove all, uninstall, re-install" to each user affected.

All my licensing is ok, and is affecting many users, but not all users.... most of them work well... but i have this problem is more or less 30 pc's.

is there a way to solve this without having to remove all?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Nuno silva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

First, have you confirmed the appropriate license key is installed and the number of deployed users is equal/less than the number of users covered by the installed license ?

If yes, then delete any one of the affected user from the DLO Admin console and re-add it. If this doesn't help, from the user machine, delete the .settings folder and recheck. (There is no need to reinstall the agent itself).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

First, have you confirmed the appropriate license key is installed and the number of deployed users is equal/less than the number of users covered by the installed license ?

If yes, then delete any one of the affected user from the DLO Admin console and re-add it. If this doesn't help, from the user machine, delete the .settings folder and recheck. (There is no need to reinstall the agent itself).

Nuno_P_Silva
Level 4

Hi,

I did what told me and the problem was solved, thanks for this.

Anyway, deleting a user will delete user information also... wich is agains the DLO idea wich is protecting local computer data on the server.... and it also takes a lot of time to delete a user with many data...

Your solution solved my problem... but since i know that this already comes form older versions... i'm starting not to trust this tool... specially when manageing more then 1000 endpoints...

DLO is a great tool!! and maybe the best tool for this job!

Cheers,

Nuno Silva