cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO 7.6 License expiration error

Nuno_P_Silva
Level 4

Hi,

I have an error on some users saying that DLO License expired.

Is the same error that is on this support case: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/symantec-dlo-license-has-expired

So, the solution is not acceptable because this is affecting many users and the last thing i need is to go ahead removing all and reinstalling....

I know that this problem afected previous versions also and it should be expected a resolution to this, but i cannot find nothing else than "remove all, uninstall, re-install" to each user affected.

All my licensing is ok, and is affecting many users, but not all users.... most of them work well... but i have this problem is more or less 30 pc's.

is there a way to solve this without having to remove all?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Nuno silva

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

First, have you confirmed the appropriate license key is installed and the number of deployed users is equal/less than the number of users covered by the installed license ?

If yes, then delete any one of the affected user from the DLO Admin console and re-add it. If this doesn't help, from the user machine, delete the .settings folder and recheck. (There is no need to reinstall the agent itself).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

First, have you confirmed the appropriate license key is installed and the number of deployed users is equal/less than the number of users covered by the installed license ?

If yes, then delete any one of the affected user from the DLO Admin console and re-add it. If this doesn't help, from the user machine, delete the .settings folder and recheck. (There is no need to reinstall the agent itself).

View solution in original post

Nuno_P_Silva
Level 4

Hi,

I did what told me and the problem was solved, thanks for this.

Anyway, deleting a user will delete user information also... wich is agains the DLO idea wich is protecting local computer data on the server.... and it also takes a lot of time to delete a user with many data...

Your solution solved my problem... but since i know that this already comes form older versions... i'm starting not to trust this tool... specially when manageing more then 1000 endpoints...

DLO is a great tool!! and maybe the best tool for this job!

Cheers,

Nuno Silva