Hi @ all,
in our company domain we have several laptop computers with clean installation of windows 8.1 pro (x64).
On this machines DLO agent (productversion = "7.6" - buildversion = "76593a") are installed and our issue is that the DLO agent is not starting automaticly when a user login.
Via the task manager we already enabled the autostart function for DLO and set the UAC to minimum level, but nothing changed since rebooted and sign in again.
We do NOT have this issue on machines that runnig Windows 7.
Please help us to solve this issue, many thanks.
1) Ensure System, Everyone & Administrators have full permissions at the following paths:
- C:\Program Files\Symantec and C:\Program Files(x86)\Symantec
- HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec DLO and HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec DLO
2) Ensure the Symantec DLO Desktop Agent Change Journal Reader and the Windows Task Scheduler service startup type are set to automatic.
3) Run msconfig and click on the Startup tab. Ensure Symantec DLO agent is enabled.
4) If running any Antivirus software on the client machines, please add the Symantec DLO directory as an exclusion from scans.
5) Please perform the following steps as well:-
- Exit the DLO Agent.
- Stop the DLO Change Journal service.
- Delete all and any tasks related to DLO under the Windows Task Scheduler.
- Restart the DLO Change Journal service.
- Restart the DLO Agent.
- Log off or reboot the machine. Observe if the DLO agent starts up automatically or not.
6) If the above does not work, edit the Global Options from the DLO console. Choose Options under Global Settings and uncheck the option - Time to delay Desktop Agent startup after user logs in. Delete the .settings folder from the client machine. (Default path is C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Symantec\DLO). Open the DLO Agent so that it retrieves new settings from the DLO server. Exit the DLO agent and reboot the client machine. Upon start-up, observe if the DLO agent starts up automatically or not.
7) Does completely disabling UAC help ?