cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO 8.0 - How to select C: and D: for back up

User_1
Level 3
Partner

I need to back up some files which are stored in different foldes on C: and D: drives. How to set a profile?

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

From the Setup tab, choose the option to create a new Profile.

Under the Backup Selections tab of the new Profile, click on Add and then add the appropriate backup selections. You will probably have to add a new Backup Selection for every path.

Or else, you could allow the end-user to make the backup selections. The end-user can then make the selections just by selecting what they need from a tree structure.

User_1
Level 3
Partner

I would need to back up selected type of files from C: and D: drives. When I want to create a profile I can set one Backup Selection for one drive (e.g. C:) only. I guess for the 2nd drive (in my case D:) I need to set another Backup Selection which must be identical because the same types of files need to be backed up from both drives. But it is a little bit difficult to maintain both Backup Selections to be identical. Yes, I could select a pre-defined folder "All local fixed drives" but in that case we have a problem with external HDDs which are from time to time connected to PC/notebook via USB because when these kind of HDDs are connected then DLO wants to back up files which are stored on the USB HDD but we do not want this (note: of course data on USB flash disks are not backed up, but it is correct).

Let's summ up. I would need to back up selected type of files from C: and D: drives and to have one Backup Selection and excluding USB HDD. Is it possible?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I would need to back up selected type of files from C: and D: drives and to have one Backup Selection and excluding USB HDD. Is it possible?

Nopes. You'll need one backup selection per drive.

User_1
Level 3
Partner

Hmm... you confirmed that I was suspecting. That's bad for me.

Thanks