cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO 9 restores fails with "Error: Hash value not exists."

Tomas_C
Level 4

We have 1400 users in a single server solution. The DLO 9 is installed from scratch, not upgraded.

Some files fails to restore with the error "Error:  Hash value not exists.", while other files in the same restore job restores ok.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

P_Jeal
Employee

This implies there are issues accessing the Dedupe data that relates to an item. You say that this is a fresh install of DLO 9.0 but you have posted previous queries related to DLO 8.0 SP1, so my query is, how was this install\upgrade carried out and did you use the previous DLO\Dedupe databases or any of the original storage ? 

The restore attempted is being carried out from where; the DLO Admin console or the user client machine? If in the Admin console, can the user see the same files for restore and is the restore more successful if run by the user, direct on the client machine.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

The old DLO 8 server is no longer with us and has no parts in the new DLO 9 server. It's a fresh install from scratch, nothing is upgraded on the server side.

The restore was initially attempted from the client, and when the client had some files that failed restore I pinpointed one of those files and attempted a restore from the DLO Admin console on the server, but with the same result.

I also tried Emergency Restore of that user, but that one failed with "User share path not found". I'm quit sure it is the correct path.

I have a case open with Veritas Support about this too.

P_Jeal
Employee

Hi,

OK, good. The support case seems the best option here, as we will need to review the errors and the settings in place, which will be more involved than we can probably work via the Forum.

Please come back to here, with the Case number, if you find the case is not progressing.