cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Agent causes a pop-up with switch to, retry or cancel options

trevlantin
Level 3

Hi,

I am reviving a similar post ergarding this issue. This popup has been bothering our users. I've pinpointed this to DLO because as soon as I turn off the agent, the popup goes away. It has been happening on all the client PC's installed with DLO, and has become an annoyance to them - prompting them to find ways to turn off the agent. Most PC's can get 3-5 popups a day, but for some it could go beyond 20 times!

PCs common configuration: Windows XP/7, SEP v11 r2-7, SBE Desktop Agent v3.x, Office 2003/2007, Lync2010

Note: Issue is not limited to a specific config

Regards,

Trev

6 REPLIES 6

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Trev,

Could you provide some more information about the POP-UPs that your users are getting. May be a screenshot would help. Also provide the version of the DLO that you are using.

euro
Not applicable

I've the same problem on my DLO installation, Th popup ask to switch to application or cancel.

Configuration : DLO V7.0 XP/SP3

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

HI euro,

Do you have the screenshot of the pop-up that you are getting? Can you share the screenshot?

SmedIV
Not applicable

We're having the same problem. Has anybody else that's had this issue seen any authentication problems against the storage location? SQL?

trevlantin
Level 3

Hi NeerThadarai,

Just reviving this thread for the benefit of all others being affected by this issue. Please see screenshots as you've requested before (it's a pain uploading the images but it needs to be done presumably before any action is started on this issue).

Hope these images help.

Regards,

Roberto

kevk
Level 1
I found this problem to be related to Windows7 UAC. I disabled UAC via GPO for only computers running DLO. The switch to, retry popup is gone. I hope to see Symantec fix this issue. Looks like DLO client application is not UAC aware. Kevin