cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Console fails to start after deleting computers

smithj
Level 6

Hi

I deleted 47 users from the DLO Console, which usually takes a considerable amount of time and the console hangs until the delete is finished.

This time after the deletes processed the Console needed to be closed. Now I am unable to restart it. I have restarted te DLO Administration and Maintenance services, I've rebooted the server, but now when I start the console I get the error : Error V-138-57364-16 Operation Aborted.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Jimmy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...are all the DLO services started up on that server?

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What's the version of DLO ? Does any service stop or crash ?

Lastly, check the registry entries for DLO Database. Pls ensure the instance and db are correctly populated.

smithj
Level 6

Hi CraigV

The "Symantec DLO Administration Service" and "Symantec DLO Maintenance Service" services are started. But if I try to restart the "Symantec DLO Administration Service" it fails with a "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

Thanks

Jimmy

smithj
Level 6

Hi VJware

It's version 7.5. if I try to restart the "Symantec DLO Administration Service" it fails with a "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion".

What do I need to check for the registry entries? How do I know the instance and db are correctly populated?

Thanks

Jimmy

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Check the keys under these locations -

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DB

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec DLO\AdminService

Need to check if the correct instance , correct database name etc is used or not.

smithj
Level 6

Hi VJware

Just checked these and they look ok

Thanks

Jimmy

smithj
Level 6

Thanks a million CraigV

The first link provided the solution. I killed the dlomaintsvcu.exe process and restarted it

Thanks again

Jimmy

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Glad it helped! yes