cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO admin account has greyed out options

Daharry
Level 1

Good Day All,

Trust everyone is well and keeping safe.

Im in need of your assistance, I'm trying to add a user as an administrator in the admin group. But the option top add the user is greyed out, this seems to be the only administrators account that I'm logged in with.

what could the issue?

2 REPLIES 2

P_Jeal
Employee

Hello,

You have not mentioned what version of DLO this is occurring with, but normally if the options are greyed out, that implies the account you have logged onto the desktop as, does not have permissions to carry out those actions. You indicate this should be the Administrators account, but I recommend that you check the DLO services and log onto the Windows desktop as the account that is running those, as that should have the necessary rights to make changes within DLO.

Let us know if that resolves the issue.

pacificbees
Level 3

I'm having this same problem. If I launch Veritas DLO Console 9.7 (was same in 9.5) as a console Administrator, and look at Network menu -> Administrator accounts, the admin accounts in there are not editable - and I also cannot add any other admin account (buttons grey on right '

add user
add group
remove

Per the above thread response, I tried launching the console using the DLO service account - and strangely get the error dialog:
"communications with the DLO services are down. Check to see if DLO services are running on your server". 

Rebooting the server, same behaviors.