Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO agent doesn't start automatically

arnaud21
Level 2

Good morning,

first sorry for my poor english.

I wrote you because dlo agent 7.6 doesn't start automatically on the desktop (windows 7 pro SP1).

I have 4 laptop on the dlo doesn't start and 1 on the dlo is ok. I don't know how to force the startup of the dlo.

I have to click on the dlo agent shortcut and the agent makes the backup, but it's not acceptable as a solution.

Please help me, thanks.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

arnaud21
Level 2

thanks you,

I solve the problem by create a task in windows.

Regards,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...is it set to Automatic? Is there not perhaps a timeout in the service itself that prevents it starting until a period of time has passed?

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does it start up without any errors if you launch the DLO Agent manually ?

If yes, then try the following steps one by one -

1) Ensure System, Everyone & Administrators have full permissions at the following paths:
- C:\Windows\System32\Tasks
- C:\Program Files\Symantec and C:\Program Files(x86)\Symantec
- HKLM\Software\Symantec\Symantec DLO and HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Symantec\Symantec DLO

2) Ensure the Symantec DLO Desktop Agent Change Journal Reader and the Windows Task Scheduler service startup type are set to automatic.

3) Run msconfig and click on the Startup tab. Ensure the DLO agent is enabled.

4) If running any Antivirus software on the client machines, please add the DLO directory as an exclusion from scans.

5) Please perform the following steps as well:-
- Exit the DLO Agent.
- Stop the DLO Change Journal service.
- Delete all and any tasks related to DLO under the Windows Task Scheduler.
- Restart the DLO Change Journal service.
- Restart the DLO Agent.
- Log off or reboot the machine. Observe if the DLO agent starts up automatically or not.

6) Lastly, if the above does not work, edit the Global Options from the DLO console. Choose Options under Global Settings and uncheck the option - Time to delay Desktop Agent startup after user logs in. Delete the .settings folder from the client machine. (Default path is C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Symantec\DLO). Open the DLO Agent so that it retrieves new settings from the DLO server. Exit the DLO agent and reboot the client machine. Upon start-up, observe if the DLO agent starts up automatically or not.

arnaud21
Level 2

Thank you for your answers.
I'll try and you would like to know.

Regards,

arnaud21
Level 2

thanks you,

I solve the problem by create a task in windows.

Regards,