Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO block users to backup when they are not in the LAN

donk2000cl
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello all,

I have the following situation I have two sites connected by a WAN, in both sites I have DLO with differents servers. But sometimes, users move from one site to another, so when a user is in another site where the own server isn't in the LAN, the system try to find the server and made the backup using the WAN that is not too faster. Now we see the traffic that is use by DLO in all of it.

The question is how can I limit these users that are in the temporary in the LAN to don't use the WAN to make backups of their files?

I have the profile to make the backups files where they changes, and I don't think change this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

You can look for the connection policy in the profile and may be you can check the IP range /Dialup if they are connecting via VPN and restrict the backups for certain types of files or restrict the backups all together.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NeerThadarai
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

You can look for the connection policy in the profile and may be you can check the IP range /Dialup if they are connecting via VPN and restrict the backups for certain types of files or restrict the backups all together.