cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO is not backing up some PST files

felix_raulm
Level 3

Good afternoon!

Alhought DLO works fine at PST backup, I've got a big trouble with a VIP user. DLO is backing up every single file selected in that user's profile, excep PST. I tried by reinstalling DLO desktop client, deleting the user in DLO console, changing the user to another user profile (first into a preexisting profile, and later to a new one, exclusive for her), forcing the PST address, moving the PST file to another address, selecting "Backup all PST files" at backup selections, deselecting "Backup Outlook 2010 - 2013 files", and even creating a new PST file and moving some emails into it.

I read a lot of articles regarding the issue, and I thought that the problem was due to having a pre 2010 PST, and as the user has a lot of years in the organization, it is PRETTY possible that previous IT personnel never migrated ANSI PST to Unicode PST, but such statement was comprobed to be false when I created a new PST file inside Outlook, and even so, new mails did not back up.

I tried every possibility that got into my mind, and the only one I haven't done yet is formating user's PC. I would REALLY appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks in advice! Félix.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is Delta File Transfer enabled for the pst ?

How many revisions are set for the pst ? Should be atleast 1 for DUDF & NUDF.

Can you enable versbose logging at the client end & post the debug log for when it tries to backup the .pst. Thanks.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...is the user's Office installation at the correct patch level?

VJware
Level 6

What backup method has been chosen for PST ?

Message level or VSS ?

felix_raulm
Level 3

Yes, it is. Actually, it was updated to Office 2013 when we though that it would convert automatically the ANSI PST to Unicode PST.

felix_raulm
Level 3

It has been chosen a VSS backup method, VJ.

VJware
Level 6

Is Delta File Transfer enabled for the pst ?

How many revisions are set for the pst ? Should be atleast 1 for DUDF & NUDF.

Can you enable versbose logging at the client end & post the debug log for when it tries to backup the .pst. Thanks.

felix_raulm
Level 3

Good morning, VJ.

The profile in which the user is has two backup selections:

• Outlook 2010 or 2013 PST Files
  • All PST

Neither of them had selected any revisions for the DUDF, but they had 3 revisions set for NUDF. I've just set 1 revision for the DUDF, according to your suggestion... Even so, how could this parameter affect the backup?

Delta File Transfer was enabled just for the first selection. It is now enabled for both of them.

How can I enable verbose logging? I checked DLO Admin Guide, and it stated this:

To enable Desktop Agent Logging:

• Launch the Desktop Agent GUI.

• Select Tools > Support > Enable Verbose Logging.

• Restart the Desktop Agent.

Once a slow backup has been captured, locate the newly created DLOClient.log file:

The DLOClient.log will be located here:

On Windows 7: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Symantec\DLO\.settings

On XP: C: \Documents and Settings \<UserName> \Local Settings

\Application Data\Symantec\DLO\.settings

However, I can't find the Tools menu in the GUI, and I checked profile options finding if it was a profile customization issue.

Greetings.

VJware
Level 6

If you are unable to set debug via the UI, set it via the registry instead.

Use this KB article for reference - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH51435

felix_raulm
Level 3

Good morning.

I did nothing else but what I stated in my previous post, and after various days, I checked the NUDF and there were all of the user's .pst files. I guess that the solution was due to your previous suggestions, but the changes done had no inmediate effect. Thank you!