cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO is not removing backed up data that is now excluded from backups

vesa_k
Level 2

I have a problem with Backup Exec DLO 2010. Earlier we backed up Outlook PST files in our environment. About year ago we added pst files to global excludes list. We have a rule that those files should be removed after 90 days. This didn’t happen. I found this Symantec article: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH208838

That article doesn’t give much hope with the situation.

Does anyone know any workaround for this? I mean, I need to remove those Outlook PST files from backup files.

We have local user data folder disabled, and there is only one version of file in in network user data folder.

So I tested that I can find those *.PST files from NUDF with Windows search. What will happen if I, for example, delete those files directly from Windows explorer? Can it do damage / corrupt the database or something like that? Or is there some DLO friendly way to delete those files?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You can safely delete these .pst files from the user's NUDF. This will not cause any issues with the DB.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You can safely delete these .pst files from the user's NUDF. This will not cause any issues with the DB.