cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO tmp.VRTSCLSIGNORE files been created in user folder

bsilva
Level 3

Hello,

I'm upgrading a Backup Exec 2014 to BE20 for a customer and they have integration between BE and DLO. Long story short, I found a lot of tmp.VRTSCLSIGNORE files inside the user data folders and I couldn't find any documentation regarding this issue. 

First question... can I delete these files? It's taking a lot of disk space, and consuming data of backup. 

Second one... what could be the root cause of these files been created? Since they are old files, I don't have logs or any other relevant information. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

ShaneP1
Level 3

@bsilva wrote:

Hello,

I'm upgrading a Backup Exec 2014 to BE20 for a customer and they have integration between BE and DLO. Long story short, I found a lot of tmp.VRTSCLSIGNORE files inside the user data folders and I couldn't find any documentation regarding this issue. 

First question... can I delete these files? It's taking a lot of disk space, and consuming data of backup. 

Second one... what could be the root cause of these files been created? Since they are old files, I don't have logs or any other relevant information. 

Thanks!

I am also on the same waters and have the same question as you. Some help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shane,

Hello Shane,

Actually I opened a case with Veritas support and after review logs/screenshots, this is what they asked me to do:

Please follow the below steps

1. In the client machine > Exit the DLO client
  2. Stop the DLO services
  3. Delete the  tmp.VRTSCLSIGNORE  files
  4. Start the services
  5. Login to the Client Console

Monitor for couple of days whether the issue persist and update me the status .

The issue seems to be resolved since then