Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO upgrading to 8

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello All,

I have some questions about DLO to deploy it.

- How can I make the installation of agent to be automatic for some groups in the Active Directory?

- We have and old installation of DLO that came with BE 2010. We think to install the new 8.0 version in new platform. How can I migrate the old information that are in the old version? Are there a tool for this?

- In the profile we backup the My Documents, but when the agent access to the My videos, My pictures and My music we see errors in the history with access denied. Why does this occur?

Regards,

Carlos Espinoza

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1) Using AUA (Automated User Assignments). Read the Admin Guide for more information around this.

2) No, there isn't any migration tool, however the data can be kept intact by running an in-place install. Have a look @ the section titled "Migrating BackupExec (BE)-DLO" in the Admin Guide.

3) Possibly because the Profile Settings do not allow the Agent (User) to make customizable backup selections. Also, is My Videos / My Pictures selected for backup ? Can you post a screenshot of the error in the job history ?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

1) Using AUA (Automated User Assignments). Read the Admin Guide for more information around this.

2) No, there isn't any migration tool, however the data can be kept intact by running an in-place install. Have a look @ the section titled "Migrating BackupExec (BE)-DLO" in the Admin Guide.

3) Possibly because the Profile Settings do not allow the Agent (User) to make customizable backup selections. Also, is My Videos / My Pictures selected for backup ? Can you post a screenshot of the error in the job history ?