cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database fod DLO

shamee
Level 5

Hi,

Can someone please send me the slection criteria of database for DLO? i meant when we need to use MS SQL Express and when we need to use MS SQL standard?

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi shamee,

For the most part the SQL Express version that ships with DLO would be good enough.

The DLO 7 Application Support Matrix shows either SQL Express or SQL (full-blown) are supported.

The reason for using SQL Express is down to cost (you don't need to license this version!), and ease-of-use.

like Backup Exec, keeping the SQL DB on the local server is preferential. Locate it on another server and you would have issues with DLO if you had to take that remote SQL server down for maintenance for example.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi shamee,

For the most part the SQL Express version that ships with DLO would be good enough.

The DLO 7 Application Support Matrix shows either SQL Express or SQL (full-blown) are supported.

The reason for using SQL Express is down to cost (you don't need to license this version!), and ease-of-use.

like Backup Exec, keeping the SQL DB on the local server is preferential. Locate it on another server and you would have issues with DLO if you had to take that remote SQL server down for maintenance for example.

Thanks!

shamee
Level 5

What about size of database? SQL express cant have bid database? SO how is this related to number of users and data that is being backed up?

CraigV

...I've run some very big sites using Backup Exec, including a CASO environment with 28 servers reporting in and I never got close to the size of the SQL Express database size. If it becomes a problem, you can always move the DB to SQL.

Thanks!