cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment Scenario in Multi Forest Environment

weidait
Level 2

Hi all,

I am planning delpoyment of DLO 7.5 SP1 for my company's network. My company has three main sites separated geographically. Each site is on their own Active Directory forest, and connected via site-to-site VPN links. Internet links between sites are ADSL or SDSL of various speeds. As I am the only DLO admin for the entire enterprise, and i am located physically at HQ (one of the sites), I would like to manage all DLO agents from HQ if at all possible. DLO storage will be deployed at individual sites, which will host the Network User Data Folder for that particular site's computers, but media server (DLO server, DLO dedupe, DLO database, DLO Maintenance) will all be located at HQ.

Questions:

1. Since the computers running agents on my branch offices are in different AD Forest as the DLO server in HQ, would authentication works by means of Forest Trust?

2. Would this setup put a heavy load on my site-to-site WAN links when the backup is running at branch office?

Is this setup recommended? Any other potential problems that I might have overlooked?

Any reply is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Tan

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

As long as trusts are in place, there should be no hassles with this to run properly. Have you tried to run a test? This would verify whether or not it works.

You can schedule your backups to run at specific times, as well as throttling the bandwidth. These are settings you might want to play around with in order to make sure they run optimally without impacting normal business across those links.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I have put across your query over to the concerned team and will post back with a reply. A couple of queries. Would you be using DeDuplication ? Approx how many clients at each site ?

Thanks.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hiya Tan,

Can you PM me your contact information.

Thanks,

Vivek

weidait
Level 2

Hi VJ,

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, am planning to use dedupe as i understand it saves disk space and bandwidth.

2. Just the main sites: 

HQ ~ 45

Branch 1 ~ 14

Branch 2 ~35

Please kindly advise.

Thanks!

Tan