Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Laptop Option 7.5 - Deduplication and performance

emdzey
Not applicable
Partner Accredited

Hi there! I have 2 questions:

1. How deduplication for DLO works? Is it block or file level deduplication? Only source or also target? I guess it doesn`t work when client is offline, right?

2. What configuration should I design for a 500 clients system? How many clients all-in-one DLO server can handle? What about 5000 clients? Any guide for that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SSwami
Level 4
Employee

1. Symantec DLO 7.5 provides source-side De-duplication support.

Intelligent De-duplication of files and content aware De-duplication of PST (Global SIS of attachments) provides great benefits by reducing the traffic over the network as well as the data storage

2. A all in one server can scale upto 15K clients. However please consider the below factors before the deployment:

To arrive at a deployment topology, the following factors must be considered:
1. Total number of sites (Data Centers, Head Quarters, Branch Offices, etc.)
2. Total number of end-points in each site and physical location of the Agents in relation to the servers
3. Connectivity of the end-points (LAN, WAN, Link Speed, etc.)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SSwami
Level 4
Employee

1. Symantec DLO 7.5 provides source-side De-duplication support.

Intelligent De-duplication of files and content aware De-duplication of PST (Global SIS of attachments) provides great benefits by reducing the traffic over the network as well as the data storage

2. A all in one server can scale upto 15K clients. However please consider the below factors before the deployment:

To arrive at a deployment topology, the following factors must be considered:
1. Total number of sites (Data Centers, Head Quarters, Branch Offices, etc.)
2. Total number of end-points in each site and physical location of the Agents in relation to the servers
3. Connectivity of the end-points (LAN, WAN, Link Speed, etc.)