Please suggest me the solutions for below mentioned issues.,
1) What is the use of DEDUPLICATION? If we enable deduplication, data stores in dedupe folder not in storage pool. So it occupies two storage location (Storage Pool + Dedupe Folder). Incase if the dedupe folder exceeds the limit, how to delete the data (It shows only single hash file)?
2) If any error occurs at client perspective, no pop up occurs. So its not user friendly? Can we have any solution for the same?
3) Incase if any users data from the storage pool have been restored to another system from admin console, what is the security here? Incase if the .PST file password have been removed, again any user can read the mails by restoring (DLO administrator can read rite)?
4) Can you mention the difference betwwen windows SYNC and symantec DLO?
1. Deduplication basically eradicates duplicated data. If you have File1.doc in C:\Temp and the same File1.doc in D:\Word, only 1 copy will be backed up. Furthermore, any changes to files will ensure that ONLY those changes are backed up. The more a dedupe job runs, the better the dedupe ratio, and the less data being backed up nightly. Your data retention is set when you set up a profile. I'd suggest reading the DLO Admin Guide to get a better understanding of profiles.
2. You need to add this in as an Idea...
3. Passwords should be restored along with the file...if that's been compromised, you need to check out your environment's security. This wouldn't be a DLO problem.
4. Sync is basically a method to get your data syncronised across devices. DLO is a backup utility that backs up the user files.
What about the data retention policy option? Suppose if i uncheck any folder through DLO client, that data must be removed from storage? Else data retention will work with deletion of data alone?
No, not necessarily. THat's essentially deleting a file and expecting it to be deleted in the backup. I suspect that it's going to be retained on storage until it has the retention policy expired.