Did you mean: 

ERROR - Workgroups are not supported in this release. A domain required

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Environment

DLO 7.6    64bit

OS = Windows2008R2

Query

Every thing is working fine. However when our data center starts in morning everyday(as its not 24/7 right now) and when we boot our DLO Server, almost every day I see the below error. To fix it I have to join the DLO Server with domain again. Why I have to join the DLO Server again almost every day. It seems that DLO Server lost its domain membership information.

Screenshot from 2014-12-18 11:06:02_0.png

8 REPLIES 8

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Haven't heard of a case whereupon DLO is causing to lose the domain information. This error occurs if the password for the DLO credentials have expired or mostly if the DLO server is unable to authenticate with the DC. Have you had a look @ the event viewer of this machine and found anmy connection or authentication errors ?

If you are sure DLO is the cause and not the effect, then pls log a formal support case.

Zahid_Haseeb

Dont noticed any ERROR in EVENT VIEWER. Seems need to open a case.

CraigV

...if you're joining your DLO server to the domain every day, then this is less of a Symantec issue, and more of a Windows/Microsoft issue.

As such, I'd suggest logging a call with Microsoft or asking this question on the MS forums.

DLO is simply dependent on where the server on which its running is located.

Thanks!

Zahid_Haseeb

We have other windows machines which are working fine. DLO is dependent on domain. Also connected with domain. Dont know why its losing information or dont able to read it, causing the above mentioned snaps. Seems its not a MS issue (early saying)

CraigV

...so...is the server dropping out of the domain, or is it DLO putting itself into a workgroup, with the server staying in the domain?

Zahid_Haseeb

The DLO is on domain but when I am opening the console its giving me the ERRORS, above mentioned snaps. So I myself re-join the domain myself.

CraigV

Then if the server stays in the domain, and DLO thinks it's in a workgroup, I'd go with the first suggestion and open a support case.

Chet_Zurawski
Level 2

So what would happen if I change my Wondows 2008 r2 server that is now workgroup to be its own domain? Would users not be able to connect anymore would it not see other workstationsand servers?