Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enduser backup

Shiju_Chacko
Level 4
Spoiler
Hi All,

Looking for Backup solution of Desktop & Laptops. Can Someone Help on the same. I dont have any expertise on any Backup Solution. Found one product DLO because of Backup Exec usage. Any other product suggestion also welcome.

1. Is DLO required Active Directory or not.
2. How much bandwidth a client consume.
3. How backup done if user not coming to office for long days.
4. Restore Process.
5. Easy of Use.
6. Any other product which is best.

Thanks & Regards,

Shiju Chacko

Thanks & Regards,
Shiju Chacko
3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi, 1. Yes it does as it authenticates against AD. 2. Depends. It can use everything, or you have the option to throttle how much bandwidth each client can use, including when backups are run, or even if they can be run across a VPN link for instance. 3. The backups will not run until the user is back in the office or on a link across which backups are allowed to run. Backups MAY show up as failed during this time. 4. You would run a restore wizard to restore specific files and folders. it's pretty intuitive to do so. 5. It used to be bundled with Backup Exec at one stage but was broken out. It's easy to install and set up, while configuration may take a bit of tweaking to get right. Once done, you can apply this as a global backup strategy to your users. 6. Wrong place for that question to be answered I'm afraid. Best bet too is to check out the DLO site, get hold of a trial version and then run it as a test. https://www.veritas.com/product/backup-and-recovery/desktop-and-laptop-option Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

One More Question.

Can i install DLO on the same server where SEP & BE already installed.

Any known issues or suggestions.

Thank & Regards,

Shiju

Thanks & Regards,
Shiju Chacko

Yes, you can install DLO on the same server where SEP & BE already installed.

More info: 

DLO 9.0 is compatible with
SEP 11 and 12
BE 2014 and 15

DLO 8.0 is compatible with
SEP 11 and 12
BE 2014