cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when I try to install the client version 7.0 of the DLO: error V-138-52224-100.

MINUTOLI
Level 2

I received the following error when I try to install the client version 7.0 of the DLO: V-138-52224-100.

- I have already migrated to the BE 2010 BE 2012
- Installed updates
- Migration Manual DLO.mdf and DLO_log.ldf (successful tech article 186484)
- Execution of the following support to solve the problem:
tech article 75773 (unsuccessfully)
tech article 185776 (unsuccessfully)

THE OS is Windows 2008 64-bit and 64-bit clients are Windows Sever Professional

Can you help with any other suggestions?

thank you very much

8 REPLIES 8

SSwami
Level 4
Employee

Are you getting this error after successfull installation? The technote "185776" is for post install connection issue. Can you please clarify? Can you post the entire error message?

MINUTOLI
Level 2

Yes I received this error after migrating from BE 2010 to 2012 and from DLO 13 to DLO 7 and the error that appears is attached.

Thanks for your help

SSwami
Level 4
Employee

This error would occur when the DB Server /DB Instance Name/DB is not reachable from Agent machine. These details are stored in the agent registry.

Can you please check in the registry for the following key and the corresponding values in the agent machine and check if they match?

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec DLO\DB

DBInstance
DBName
DBServer

Also, the best way to migrate the agent is through push install from the symantec DLO Console. Did you follow this method to upgrade the agent?

MINUTOLI
Level 2

The corresponding values are attached below.

Yes I follow this method to upgrade the agent.

Thanks for your help

SSwami
Level 4
Employee

Is there a profile associated with this user who is logged in? i am assuming that the dbserver listed is accessible for the client and there is no firewall blocking the same.

MINUTOLI
Level 2

Yes there is an associated user profile. Certainly there are no firewall active and db server is accessible for the client.

SSwami
Level 4
Employee

can you get the log files from the admin server for us to check?

DLOConsoleInstall.log

DLODBAttach.log          

DLODBInstallXSP.log

DLODBUpgrade_3.0To3.1.log

The above files will be located under the current user’s Application data who has  installed the admin server.  i.e. Click on Start -> Go to Run->Type %temp% -> Click on OK

Also at “C:\Windows” there will be log file named “DLOInst.log”.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...moved to the right forum.