cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Symantec DLO 7.0 to rebackup files it has already backed up

mkmaster78
Level 3

My question is simple, is it possible to make the DLO agent rebackup everything, even if it has already been backed up?  If so, how? 

Thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Even then you will have only one copy of selected files in user data folder. (If revisions were enabled, then you can see multiple copies of CHANGED files.)

I don't remember any configuration setting to force DLO to rebackup everything. After first backup, DLO works something like syncing. So, if you do not have anything in that specific USER data folder, then DLO should backup everything. To be safe, move the data in User data folder to other location and try the backup.

And to me it is hard to understand "why you want to rebackup everything?"

victor_v
Level 2

It is not possible to rebackup the data that have already backedup.In DLO u have options for 1.whenever a change occurs on file 2.scheduled backup. Data can be backup to USER DATA FOLDER or in  NETWORK DATA FOLDER. 

So if u want to backup to tape from NETWORK DATA FOLDER use symantec netbackup or backup exec.

Costa_Gustavo
Level 4

Hello, I have a similar problem. In DLO 7.0 I deleted in the restore TAB all files of one user, when I run a new backup of this user, the agent sends to DLO only the files changed, not all.

How can I set to backup of all files of the folder MY DOCUMENTS?

Regards.