cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grant access to another users DLO backup data

smithj
Level 6

Hi

I know you can restore another users DLO backup to another users NUDF, but what I want to know is how can you give a user access from their DLO agent to restore from another users NUDF?

I'm using Desktop Laptop Option 7.5 Administration Console

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

Jimmy

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This feature isn't available in SDLO. An user can search and restore only the data pertaining to that user only. And if an user uses multiple systems, that user can view/restore data which was backed up from any system, however the backup sets would be for that user only.

You could consider posting this as an enhancement request under the Ideas section of this forum.

smithj
Level 6

Thanks for the quick response VJware

Also, when I try to restore the user data to another users NUDF, I get a V-138-52224-1320 error message before I run the restore. Then when it completes the restore process, I am unable to restore any of the files. See other screenshot attached.

Any ideas why this is?

Thanks

Jimmy

VJware
Level 6

This usually happens if the account used for the DLO console doesn't have sufficient SQL rights.

The first screenshot is referencing "sp_shadow_open_admin_access"

Using SQL Mgmt studio, connect to the DLO DB. (Do ensure the DLO Administration and Maintenance services are stopped)

Expand Databases, then System DBs, then Master, then Programmability and then Extended Stored Procedures.

Locate and then right-click on "sp_shadow_open_admin_access" procedure and choose Properties.

Click on Permissions and add Public. Highlight Public and grant it Execute access.

Restart the SQL instance followed by the DLO services and then re-attempt the restore.

smithj
Level 6

Thanks VJware

The error message is gone but the restore is still not restoring any files

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jimmy

lmosla
Level 6

make sure that AV isnt scanning the NUDF, and if you can, restart the system where the other user's NUDF is located  .  

VJware
Level 6

Per the second screenshot, no error/warning is shown in the restore UI.

What is the exact location you are restoring to ? Are you able to restore to the original computer but on an alternate folder ?

Addiitonally, as a test, try restoring without security attributes as well if redirecting the restore.

James1231
Level 2

This feature isn't available in SDLO. An user can search and restore only the data pertaining to that user only. And if an user uses multiple systems, that user can view/restore data which was backed up from any system, however the backup sets would be for that user only.

You could consider posting this as an enhancement request under the Ideas section of this forum.