cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find out License info from Symantec DLO Server Console?

Qamrul_huda
Level 2

How can I find out below information from Symantec DLO Server Console?

License Summery

License Quantity

License Expire Date

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

P_Jeal
Employee

I am not sure if you managed to find this yourself, but for information;

In DLO 8.x & 9.x you can change the License Key in the same place mentioned previously;

• Menu - Help - About Desktop and Laptop Option  and then use 'Change License key..' button        or
  • Menu - Help - Change License Key  

There are also commandline tools provided in both versions, but due to the change from license keys to SLF license files in DLO 9.x, only the DLO 9.x tool will display the license user counts (Meter);

• DLOLicenseCLI.exe   -list  \  -add <license key>  \  -delete <license key>           (DLO 7.x-8.x only)
  • DLOCommandu.exe    -changelicense   -LIST   \  -ADD <license file path>        (from DLO 9.x)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

From the DLO console, you can only "Change" the license key.

From the DLO command line, you can "view", "add" or "delete" the license key.

"View" will show only the license key. It does not provide quantity nor expiration date information. This information can be be found either in the licensing email or better still, by contacting the licensing team at https://support.symantec.com/en_US/contact-us.html

how can i do it? i mean change the license from the console

P_Jeal
Employee

I am not sure if you managed to find this yourself, but for information;

In DLO 8.x & 9.x you can change the License Key in the same place mentioned previously;

• Menu - Help - About Desktop and Laptop Option  and then use 'Change License key..' button        or
  • Menu - Help - Change License Key  

There are also commandline tools provided in both versions, but due to the change from license keys to SLF license files in DLO 9.x, only the DLO 9.x tool will display the license user counts (Meter);

• DLOLicenseCLI.exe   -list  \  -add <license key>  \  -delete <license key>           (DLO 7.x-8.x only)
  • DLOCommandu.exe    -changelicense   -LIST   \  -ADD <license file path>        (from DLO 9.x)