cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I install DLO for domain desktop client PC

Qamrul_huda
Level 2

How can I install DLO for domain desktop client PC?

I have re installed windows and now I want to setup DLO.

Can I install after join domain or before join domain?

It is needed to select backup folder’s location or it is auto configured?

DLO Version 7.5 SP1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The DLO Adminstration console and its components can be installed only on a server class machine. You can install only the DLO Agent software on a client PC.

Have the client PC joined to the domain before you install the DLO Agent. You can either push install the DLO agent from the DLO Admin console or locally install the DLO agent.

You specify the backup location and other settings in a "Profile" from the DLO Admin console. Then you assign the client to a specific policy and it automatically retrieves the settings.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The DLO Adminstration console and its components can be installed only on a server class machine. You can install only the DLO Agent software on a client PC.

Have the client PC joined to the domain before you install the DLO Agent. You can either push install the DLO agent from the DLO Admin console or locally install the DLO agent.

You specify the backup location and other settings in a "Profile" from the DLO Admin console. Then you assign the client to a specific policy and it automatically retrieves the settings.