cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can change credentials for services in my symantec dlo server?

HELPDESK_TC_GYE
Level 3

Hi,

I wish to know if there are a way to change the credentials (user/password) that I used to install my symantec dlo server, 

When I installed, I used the default domain administrator, I want to change to an user like dloadmin with admin privilegies because the default domain administrator account is going to be disabled.

I have the symantec dlo console on a windows server 2012 std and I running the version of DLO Symantec_Desktop_and_Laptop_Option_80075a_64-bit

I don't want to reinstall the clients one by one, I dont want to reinstall my windows server.

Thanks for your support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Just, change the account under which the DLO services run via services.msc. There is no need to reinstall anything.

Have a look @ this KB for the services and their accounts - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH223492

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

VJware
Level 6

Just, change the account under which the DLO services run via services.msc. There is no need to reinstall anything.

Have a look @ this KB for the services and their accounts - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH223492

HELPDESK_TC_GYE
Level 3

Hi, when I changed the following services  

Symantec DLO Administration Service (Running)

Mindtree StoreSmart Dedupe Server Service (Running)

SQL Server (DLO) (Running)

SQL Server Browser (Running)

I get this error message, Communications with the DLO services are down. Check to see if DLO services are running 

communications with dlo services are down.PNG

Do you have any idea how to fix this error and the possible solution?

VJware
Level 6

Close the console.

Verify that all services are running (you didn't mention if the DLO Maintenenace Service was running or not) and relaunch the DLO console using "Run as Admin".

HELPDESK_TC_GYE
Level 3

Yes, the DLO Mantenenace Service is running, I start the DLO console using Run as Admin but I get the same error message.

HELPDESK_TC_GYE
Level 3

For your information

When I'm logged in with the new domain account that have admin privilegies, when I run the DLO Console with Run as Admin, I get the error message

But when I'm logged in with the default domain admin account the DLO Console start normally

VJware
Level 6

It sounds like the new admin account does not have enough permissions as that of the default domain account.

Does the new account have appropriate SQL permissions such as 'sa' ?

HELPDESK_TC_GYE
Level 3

I think I missing this SQL permissions, do you have any idea how to verify/change this?

VJware
Level 6

Open a cmd and run the following -

sqlcmd.exe -E -S <SERVERNAME>\<INSTANCENAME> -Q "EXEC

sp_addsrvrolemember 'testdomain\DBAdmin1','sysadmin'"

Example

sqlcmd.exe -E -S MachineName\SQLEXPRESS -Q "EXEC

sp_addsrvrolemember 'testdomain\DBAdmin1','sysadmin'"

You can also add Sysadmin rights using SQL Management Studio.

HELPDESK_TC_GYE
Level 3

Perfect, now its appear is working, thank you...