cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move some Symantec DLO Clients and Files to new Veritas DLO Server?

ndiaz2000
Level 3

Hi :

I have a Production standalone server with Symantec DLO 8.0 and my Company recently adquired Veritas DLO 9.3.1 (with more user licenses) to install another standalone server. ¿How do I move DLO profiles, some DLO Clients and files from the first server to second DLO Server keeping the old server? ¿Is this possible?

Thanks a lot!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

skhokhar
Level 4
Employee

Hi,

It is possible to migrate the DLO 8.0 users to use the new DLO 9.3.1 server. It is made possible by leveraging the -MigrateUser command of the DLOCommandU.exe utility which is detailed in the DLO 9.3.1 Admin Guide on page 306. Once the users are migrated, they will not be managed by the old DLO 8.0 server and as such that server becomes redundant.

There are some other things to consider too, such as whether you want to migrate the storage locations (-MigrateUserSL), and upgrading the DLO 8.0 Agents to DLO 9.3.1 Agents, etc... There are various other technotes available in our Knowledgebase relating to various migration scenarios that may also be useful to consider.

It might be an idea to migrate a few test users first as a PoC for your environment before comitting to mass migrating other users. Once those test users are migrated, you should test restores/backups.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Sakib

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

skhokhar
Level 4
Employee

Hi,

It is possible to migrate the DLO 8.0 users to use the new DLO 9.3.1 server. It is made possible by leveraging the -MigrateUser command of the DLOCommandU.exe utility which is detailed in the DLO 9.3.1 Admin Guide on page 306. Once the users are migrated, they will not be managed by the old DLO 8.0 server and as such that server becomes redundant.

There are some other things to consider too, such as whether you want to migrate the storage locations (-MigrateUserSL), and upgrading the DLO 8.0 Agents to DLO 9.3.1 Agents, etc... There are various other technotes available in our Knowledgebase relating to various migration scenarios that may also be useful to consider.

It might be an idea to migrate a few test users first as a PoC for your environment before comitting to mass migrating other users. Once those test users are migrated, you should test restores/backups.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Sakib

Under this scenario, if I try to migrate users with the "migrateuser" option, it throws the error "...User Migration Failed,    Error: The DLO source and destination versions are incompatible"..

Any ideas ? Man Sad