cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remote Push DLO 8.0 SP1 Client to Windows 10 - Access Denied

tilallr1
Level 3
I am trying to push the agent remotely from the Symantec DLO 8.0 SP1 server to a Windows 10 x64 box (Via Tools / Install Agents on Remote Computers ...). But it is giving me the error Access Denied. I also have Symantec Endpoint 12.1.6 MP3 installed. The firewall settings allow any connections from the DLO server. File Print Sharing is enabled as well as Network Discovery. RDP is enabled. Remote Registry service is enabled and all other applicable services are enabled. I am trying to use an Administrator Account to install the client, could this be the issue? It wasn't an issue to Remote Push Symantec Endpoint 12.1.6 MP3. Which I had no problems with whatsoever. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Disable SEP and try again.

tilallr1
Level 3

Tried that as well. No luck.

tilallr1
Level 3

I feel its something to do with Windows 10, as deploying to Windows 7 doesn't have any issues with SEP or the standard services being enabled and whatnot. I am also able to push install SEP, so ... what is different with Push installing DLO ??? On Windows 10 ???

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Well, you're at least supported for WIndows 10 on DLO 8.0 SP1.

Have you tried to do a manual installation? Otherwise I'd check to see if there are any errors listed during the installation and then post them here.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is UAC and/or BitLocker enabled on the target system ?

Is Windows Management Instrumentation running on the target system ?

Are you using the same Administrator account under which you are logged in to the DLO server and under which the DLO services are running ?

tilallr1
Level 3

Yes I have successfully ran a manual install and everything is working as it should. Just makes life easier to push install. No idea why it will not work. Tried on 4 different systems, with or without Symantec Antivirus or windows firewall enabled. Nada.

tilallr1
Level 3

UAC is disabled ... Bitlocker is disabled

WMI is running with access to the admin account

I am using the same administrator account under which I am logged into the DLO server and I have used other accounts as well. Nothing here seems to matter.

Has anyone had success pushing to a Windows 10 machine?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes, I have. In my test lab.

Can you attach the install log over here ? Also, are you successfully able to perform a local install ?

sluzbowy
Not applicable

Hi.

I have the same problem.

Manual installation is OK, push on Windows 7 is OK but when i try to push on Windows 10 i have problem.

Remote install error: credentials not found for machine.

Where can i find install log?

adam_at_the_tub
Level 2

Maybe it's the remote registry service that needs to be started on the client?  I had to do this to get SEP installed with Windows 8/10 PCs.

NeerT
Level 4

I have had this issue and was able to fix by doing the following:

• To run the push install to remote machines, RPC service should be running on both machines.
  • The user who is doing the push installation needs to be part of the domain admin group.
  • This means that both the user that is logged into the DLO Media Server and the account being used to do the push installs.
  • If a firewall is being used the settings need to allow inbound file and printer sharing and inbound remote administration.
  • Group Policy settings should be set as followed:
    • Windows Firewall: Allow inbound file and printer sharing exception (Enabled) [ I too had SEP configured, I made all the file and printer sharing in windows firewall policy for inbound and outbound rule "ENABLED" and it started working]
    • Windows Firewall: Allow inbound remote administration exception (Enabled)
  • Ensure that the “Windows Management Instrumentation” and “Remote Registry” services are running on the remote machine and the user has execute permission for “Windows Management Instrumentation” service.

Refer this technote http://www.veritas.com/docs/000086174