cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup DLO Server data on Tape ?

Allen_John
Level 4

How to backup DLO Server data(client data) on Tape ? 

Do we need to attached Tape Library with DLO Server and tape a file level backup or something else ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I am guessing we could add the database backup as a pre-command in Backup Exec's job properties.

Create a batch file which contains a script to run the DLO database backup. Add this batch file as a pre-command in Backup Exec.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Have you tried to backup the NUDF folder? This is your network folder where your DLO backups run too.

Thanks!

Allen_John
Level 4

You mean we will directly backup the NUDF folder to Tape Drive . correct ?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...that should be it, yes. You can contact Symantec support to verify this if need-be. There isn't much information available around this for some reason!

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6

You can use any backup software to backup the DLO server (DLO Adminstration Server data and the NUDF data)

Assuming you are running SDLO 7.x, using a cmd browse to the DLO directory and run the following cmd ~

DLODBUtils -backup -dir "C:\Backups\DLODatabase"

This will backup the DLO database (the main component from the DLO Admin Server). You can use any other backup software and then backup to any storage media this DLO Database backup and the user backups which are residing in the NUDF.

The admin guide contains info about 'what' needs to be backed up and what/how to restore in the event of a DR. As you can use any backup software, there isn't any detailed steps as to 'how' to backup.

Allen_John
Level 4

Thanks all.

wonderfull feedback. (I will have the latest DLO Server version installed)

I feel that I can install the Backup Exec Client on DLO Server and schedule for DLO database file level backup on Tape.

Correct ?

(What would be the directory to take the backup ?)

VJware
Level 6

You can either backup the entire server itself or preferably just the database. (Dump the database using the command mentioned earlier).

Allen_John
Level 4

VJ can we automate the mentioned command (Dump the database using the command mentioned earlier) with BackupExec ?

VJware
Level 6

I am guessing we could add the database backup as a pre-command in Backup Exec's job properties.

Create a batch file which contains a script to run the DLO database backup. Add this batch file as a pre-command in Backup Exec.

Allen_John
Level 4

Great. Thanks VJ