Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install dlo client when user does not have administrator previlage

Kamala_Kannan_M
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

We have some user machines, where we have not given them administrator rights. so i used my user id which has domain administrator rights, but when i log of and log in with actual user login, my dlo is disabled. kindly suggest how to resolve the same.

Regards

Kamal

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

On the client system, using the registry editor, browse to the Symantec DLO - Client - DisabledAccess key..Ensure this user isn't present here.

And his user should have appropriate rights to access the NUDF (parent share and the the specific user's sub share as well) and should be a domain account. Also, this user should be enabled in the DLO Admin console.

Kamala_Kannan_M
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi iam little confused, can you give some clarity...

On the client system, using the registry editor, browse to the Symantec DLO - Client - DisabledAccess key..Ensure this user isn't present here.

(which user should not be present here)

And his user should have appropriate rights to access the NUDF (parent share and the the specific user's sub share as well) and should be a domain account. Also, this user should be enabled in the DLO Admin console.

(Which user should have appropriate rights to access the NUDF. and how do we enable this.)

Regards

Kamal

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The actual user which is disabled should not present in the DisabledAccess key.

Here are the list of permissions. Enabling these permissions are similar to the way any share permissions are enabled.

Share Permissions on the root NTFS folder defined as the NUDF
Administrator: Full Control
Everyone: Full Control

Security Permissions on the root NTFS folder defined as the NUDF
Everyone: Read and Execute, Read and List Folder Contents

Security Permissions on the NTFS sub-folder within the NUDF for the specific user
User which is having issues using DLO: Full Control