cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate the Symantec DLO 7.5 SP1 to a new server with different IP and Host Name.

Ashish_Agrawal
Level 2

Hi,

Actually i have migrated the Symantec DLO 7.5 SP1 to a new server with different IP and Host Name, by restoring the DLO.mdf and DLO.ldf data files but after migration, the clients are not able to communicate with the new server.

And after troubleshooting I found the DBServer name on clients in the registry was remain same(Old Server Host Name). If we change the DBServer Name then the Backup runs on Windows XP, but On Windows 7 machine its not working thereafter client get disabled after changing the DBServer Name in registry.

So Please help me to get out of it. Is there any other way to migrate the SDLO 7.5 SP1.

Thanks, 

Ashish Agrawal

ACPL Systems Pvt. Ltd.

7 REPLIES 7

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi Ashish,

Yes you need to follow proper steps and it is not recommended to change the registry values manaully, as DLO has some set of commands to change and update on client side.

So we can provide steps, how to go about the movement of server console to a new server, so please clarify the below queries:

1. Is it standalone installation or remote database installation?
2. Is storage server will remain same?

Thanks,
Santosh.

Ashish_Agrawal
Level 2

Hi Santosh,

It is Standalone installation; DLO database is on the new server.

And before migration we have moved all the user to a new NUDF storage location which is on our new server.

Thanks for your reply.

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi Ashish,

We are tesing this scenario in house and once it is done will provide steps to be followed.

Thanks,
Santosh.

Ashish_Agrawal
Level 2

Hi Santhosh,

Have you tested in our test environment.

Please update.

Thanks,

Ashish Agrawal

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi Ashish,

Still testing is in progress, will update this by Monday.

Thanks,
Santosh.

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi Ashish,

We shall get back to you by tomorrow EOD, as we are evaluating more scenarios for this case.

Thanks,
Santosh.

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi Ashish,

Have attached a document(Steps.docx) which contains the steps to be followed.

Thanks,
Santosh.