cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to suppress Edge credential DLO 8.0

MortenM-DHI
Level 3

Hi.
We have just installed DLO 8.0 and have not enabled the Edge Server since we do not want to be able to backup over internet.
However our DLO clients asks for Username/password when not connected to the domain...
How can I disable this "feature" ?

PS: DLO 8.0 is running on server 2012R2

Br.

Morten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MortenM-DHI
Level 3

Okay, did some testing on two different computers with different users:
DUDF enabled or disabled does not affect at all.

When the PC connects to the home-wifi and I then login, DLO will prompt for credentials for Backup over internet and when I enter the appropiate user information, the dialogue prompt dissapears and do not come back...

I havent tested it, but I suppose the prompt will come back if the user changes his domain password, but i guess its just a matter of entering credentials once more...

One concern could be that it seems like the DLO agent is saving the users credentials and I truly hope its in a safe way..

However the promt can be avoided following these simple steps..
Br.

Morten

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I believe, when the DLO client is outside the domain and when it is launched, it requests for the domain credentials for access to the Network User Data Folder (This is independent of the EDGE server feature).

If the DLO client doesn't have access to the NUDF or if Backup Over Internet feature isn't enabled, then backups to the Local User Data Folder should run, however there isn't any way to suppress the credentials prompt.

MortenM-DHI
Level 3

Welll its not entirely like I see it:

When the PC starts up at home and connects to my wifi, DLO asks for credentials to Internet backup, pls. see attached.
Backup to local user folder is disabled - we do only backup to a network folder

VJware
Level 6

Is the option "Enable BOI" checked in the Profile settings ?

MortenM-DHI
Level 3

No its un-checked, pls. see attached.

VJware
Level 6

If the DUDF is enabled, do you still receive the credential prompt ?

MortenM-DHI
Level 3

No DUDF is not enabled.
And if i do enable and ie. point to c:\windows\temp.
uninstall the app on the PC, delete my profile on the server and then reinstall the agent on the PC... I still get the credential prompt for Backup over Internet....

I followed this article: https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH49221.html

VJware
Level 6

Just checked internally and this seems to be expected behavior for the first launch.

On the first launch client will not know whether BOI is enabled or not. It 
tries to go to BOI mode to get the BOI status from DB. So credentials wil be 
asked.

MortenM-DHI
Level 3

Okay, did some testing on two different computers with different users:
DUDF enabled or disabled does not affect at all.

When the PC connects to the home-wifi and I then login, DLO will prompt for credentials for Backup over internet and when I enter the appropiate user information, the dialogue prompt dissapears and do not come back...

I havent tested it, but I suppose the prompt will come back if the user changes his domain password, but i guess its just a matter of entering credentials once more...

One concern could be that it seems like the DLO agent is saving the users credentials and I truly hope its in a safe way..

However the promt can be avoided following these simple steps..
Br.

Morten

I hate to revive and old thread but my organization has the exact same issue.  Was there any resolution or maybe there is a new solution now that it is years later?