cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't view my Desktop Agent User Interface.

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Hi all!

Anyone can help me to my minor problem? I cant view my Desktop Agent User Interface even in my Profile > User Settings > Desktop Agent Display Settings are selected as "Display the complete Interface". What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards!

12 REPLIES 12

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Are you logged in to the Desktop using the same user ?

If yes, do you receive any error while launching the DLO interface ? Is the interface actually running in the system tray ?

If running any AV / UAC, try disabling them.

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Yes, I am logged in with the same user and I dont receive any error launching the DLO Interface and yes the interface are running in the system tray.

P.S my DLO SVR are shut down. Only my Desktop are Online.

VJware
Level 6

Any errors/warnings logged in the event viewer (specifically application logs) ?

Are you able to launch the Desktop Agent using Run as Admin ?

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

There is no error logged in the event viewer. I noticed that every time I shut down my DLOSVR, I cant open my Desktop Agent in system tray. Then I noticed also that every time I open my DLOSVR, I can now open my Desktop Agent in System Tray.

VJware
Level 6

Is the DLO agent configured to run local backups to the DUDF ?

Also, if you are unable to open the DLO agent when the DLO server is down, ideally a pop-up appears stating - Failed to connect to the DLO server. Are errors/warnings suppressed in Profile - User Settings ?

EDIT**

Let me test in my lab setup as well.

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

How can I configure my DLO Agent?

I'm sorry VJware I am only a newbie in DLO hope you'll understand.

There is no popping-up and appearing any state.

VJware
Level 6

Click on Profile - General tab and is the "Enable desktop user data folder" setting enabled/disabled ?

If this is disabled, then it could explain as to why the DLO Agent is not launching.

If not, can you verify this issue is occuring only for this machine or for others as well ?

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Hi!

"Enable desktop user data folder" was enabled, but nothing happens.

Yes, this issue is occured only for this machine.

DLO1.jpg

VJware
Level 6

Pls enable verbose logging on the Agent machine using this KB - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH160219

Once enabled, exit the DLO Agent from the system tray. Check the Task Manager for any running instance of DLO Change Journal service and end the process. Try launching the DLO Agent.

Collect the logs & post it here as an attachment. Disable the debugging via the registry.

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Hi!

I am using VMware for the simulation. I cannot put the files here.

VJware
Level 6

Can you transfer the logs from the VM guest to the host or copy them across ?

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

I'm sorry but how can I do that? Can you please give me some instruction.

Thanks!