Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install remote agent are in grey

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi all,

Any knows why the options that worked fine a couple days ago, today are in grey and isn't possible to choose them? In particular, I need to reinstall agent in a many computers, but I can't. The option "Install Agents and Maintenance Services on Remote Computers" appears in grey. I reviewed the instruction on the TECH000019530 but this value is ok.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Finally I found the problem and I solved it. Reviewing the rights for groups and users I found one right not allowed. Under Netowrk > Administrator Account Manager I reviewed Permissions (Edit Permisions) for the Domain Admins Group created. One right was not marked, it is To set Global Options. After I marked and relaunch the console all returned to works fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Under what account are you logged in to the DLO server ?

Is this the same account under which the DLO Administrator service is running ?

Also, try launching the DLO Console using Run as Admin.

Lastly, verify these pre-requisites are met (verbatim) -

• To run the push install to remote machines, RPC service should be running on both machines.
  • The user who is doing the push installation needs to be part of the domain admin group.
  • This means that both the user that is logged into the DLO Media Server and the account being used to do the push installs.
  • If a firewall is being used the settings need to allow inbound file and printer sharing and inbound remote administration.
  • Group Policy settings should be set as followed:
    • Windows Firewall: Allow inbound file and printer sharing exception (Enabled)
    • Windows Firewall: Allow inbound remote administration exception (Enabled)
  • Ensure that the “Windows Management Instrumentation” and “Remote Registry” services are running on the remote machine and the user has execute permission for “Windows Management Instrumentation” service.

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

The account is the same that I installed the product and the same that allowed me install a lot of users before (132). Is not a user account problem.

Yes is the same account user services. The account can start the services (they are running) and in the properties I see the same account.

The only thing that I will try is run as administrator. But this domain account is part of administrator machine group.

carlos_espinoza
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Finally I found the problem and I solved it. Reviewing the rights for groups and users I found one right not allowed. Under Netowrk > Administrator Account Manager I reviewed Permissions (Edit Permisions) for the Domain Admins Group created. One right was not marked, it is To set Global Options. After I marked and relaunch the console all returned to works fine.