cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue running DLO 7.6 SP1 Agent on Mac

smithj
Level 6

Hi

We have several Macs in our company which are not connected to our domain. So, we use a local account on the Mac and then use a VPN client to connect to domain resources using a domain account. We have just recently upgraded a test DLO server to DLO 7.6 SP1 and want to now test the Mac agents. We successfully installed the agent on two Macs, but when we run the agent we get a dialog box with the below details:

Please enter your password for the account below. The account will be used to connect to the Media Server.

User Name:

Password:

O      Save encrypted passwords used by DLO

We are unable to change the User Name in the above dialog box as it it greyed out and has the local Mac account entered.

Do you know how this can be changed so that we can enter a domain account and start backing up data using DLO?

Thanks

Jimmy

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Afaik, the user name in the dialog box cannot be changed as it reflects the name of the logged in user.

I believe this KB article will apply to MAC agents as well specifically point # 3 - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH57327.html

smithj
Level 6

Thanks VJware

Jimmy

Santhosh_Bhanda
Level 5
Employee

Hi Smithj,

With DLO 7.6 SP1, mac client in local account(Workgroup) is not supported.

With DLO 8.0 the support has been provided, which will make fields Username,Password and domain name editable.

Regards,

Santosh.

smithj
Level 6

Thanks Santosh

Jimmy

Hi

I've the same problem but i'm using version 8 SP3,  The MAC's are joined to the domain but i can't edit the User Name.

Any ideas

Regards

Pierre