cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue running DLO 8.0 SP1 Agent on Mac

Hi

I'm test DLO with MAC which are not connected to our domain. I successfully installed the agent on the Mac, but when I run the agent I get a dialog box with the below details:

Please enter your password for the account below. The account will be used to connect to the Media Server.

User Name:

Password:

O      Save encrypted passwords used by DLO

I'm unable to change the User Name in the above dialog box as it it greyed out and has a Domain account that doesn't exist.

Do you know how this can be changed so that I can enter a domain account and start backing up data using DLO?

Thanks

5 Replies

Re: Issue running DLO 8.0 SP1 Agent on Mac

Check the TN below and see if this helps you:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH57327

Thanks!

Hi

Thanks for your answer. But nothing of this works, the problem is that the MAC doesn't permit to change the user to use  a valid domain user, it's a common problem with earlier version but it supposed that in version 8.0 it was corrected.

Hi

Yesterday I joined the MAC to the domain and I logged in with my domain user, now DLO recognize my account but now I have the next message "Unable to connect to media server", and I even can't change the user.

Thanks.

Hi

I reinstalled DLO console but the problem persists, I still get the message  "Unable to connect to media server", I Attach a picture. Someone have any Idea??

Hi,

For the query 1 "unable to change the User Name in the above dialog box

Check the AgentConfiguration.plist file in path (~/.Applications/Symantec/DLO/.settings/). Check if the Domain Name present in the plist is correct. In case it is incorrect, try Changing the domain name.

For the query 2: ""Unable to connect to media server"

Looks like the Desktop Agent is not able to connect to the Database. This could occur if the Database Server is not reachable , or it may not be up and running.
Check the AgentConfiguration.plist file  if the value in DBServer field has the correct Server address, if the Value is incorrect have appropriate server address.