cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive delete computers from SQL DB. (DLO 7.0)

amutto
Level 4

Hi everybody,

I'm working to cleanup our DLO DB, updating current users and current PCs, It's becouse of many users left the company and others users change PC and nobody setup the DLO Agent in that moment.

I alredy deleted some users from the DLO Console directly and now i have to delete many many computers, but I'm looking for other option because we have to delete 1800 computers aprox and you know It's tiresome to do it on the DLO Console.

Therefore, Does anyone know another alternative or option to delete computers in massive way? I think it's wrong if I delete these PCs from dbo.machinesettings directly, right? 

Thank you very much

AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

amutto
Level 4

Only for my case the solution was delete user by user and computer by computer using the console.

Thanks

Ale

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I wouldn't recommend deleting from the DB directly as orphan entries can be left behind, such as the respective NUDF directories may not be cleared.

Consider running this command instead from the DLO directory using a cmd:-

dlocommandu -inactiveaccounts -delete -a <#days>

If you have users who have left the company, it means these accounts are inactive for quite some time. You can specify number of days (for egs, 60 days or higher) and this will delete all these accounts which have been inactive for that time.

amutto
Level 4

Hi VJware,

Thank you very much for your support.

I'll investigate that command.

Regards,

Ale

amutto
Level 4

Only for my case the solution was delete user by user and computer by computer using the console.

Thanks

Ale