cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate BE2010 R2 DLO

noksukow
Level 3

I need to migrate just the DLO DBs to a new server with different name. I have researched the issue but have not found the exact solution. This is the closest that I have found on migrating DLO, http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53407.

Current Setup:

• Windows 2003 - BE 2012 R2
  • BE install path: D:\Program Files\Backup Exec
  • DLO Storage Locations: D:\DLO and \\NAS\DLO

New Setup:

• Windows 2008 R2 STD - BE 2012 R2
  • BE install path: C:\Program Files\Backup Exec

There are two concerns:

1. The install path is different and I don't know how this would affect the DB on new server location.
  2. The DLO storage locations, the fact that there's a local storage and a remote storage.

Any help will trully be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

As this DLO is part of Backup Exec, you would have to migrate both.

While following the Backup Exec migration article, you are actually following the first 7 steps of the DLO migration article as well, so it should not be a problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6

The above KB is a good article for the DLO migration to new server.

- A different install path should not make any difference in your case.

- Likewise, no issues if you have multiple NUDFs irrespective of local or remote. Would the clients be writting to the old NUDF or will you be creating new ones ? If the old ones are going to be used, then data migration is not required, whereas data migration is required & this can be accomplished by choosing the option"Move NUDF"

noksukow
Level 3

Thank you for the response VJware.

The NUDF on the NAS will be used but the NUDF that is the local storage on the old server will be moved to new location on the new server.

I saw this KB, http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH129826, which says that Symantec only supports DB move if the Windows OS is the same version. However, this KB did not mention anything about the DLO and is talking about the server portion of the DB. Do you believe that this KB will cause issues with the DLO DB move?

I am moving from Windows 2003 (x86) to 2008 (x64).

VJware
Level 6

As this DLO is part of Backup Exec, you would have to migrate both.

While following the Backup Exec migration article, you are actually following the first 7 steps of the DLO migration article as well, so it should not be a problem.