cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Backup Exec 11d (7170) DLO to new server running Backup Exec 2010 R3 DLO.

sbs
Level 3

Hi Everyone, I need some help please on how to migrate Backup Exec DLO which is currently running on 11d. The new server is running BE 2010 R3 (64-bit). I've searched for documents that may help but can't find the appropriate ones, they all seem to relate to the same versions of BE, or something similar, not new versions & new server. 

Firstly I'm hoping it's possible and that somebody can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in anticipation

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Till Backup exec 2010 DLO is part of backup exec as an additional option so you cannot keep backupexec out of equation in this case ,from BE2012 onwards Backup exec and DLO are considered as two sepearte products as BE2012 and one as DLO7 so ,if you plan to move DLO from one server to other then above link would help you but you can't rule out backup exec in this process.

Hope that helps

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Please check link below and when you open the link at end see related section which describe how to update the clients too

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53407

Thanks

sbs
Level 3

Hi Sameer,

Thank you but doesn't that document say both servers have to be running the same version of Backup Exec. Which would mean I would have to upgrade to 2010 first. I am trying to avoid that if at all possible.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Till Backup exec 2010 DLO is part of backup exec as an additional option so you cannot keep backupexec out of equation in this case ,from BE2012 onwards Backup exec and DLO are considered as two sepearte products as BE2012 and one as DLO7 so ,if you plan to move DLO from one server to other then above link would help you but you can't rule out backup exec in this process.

Hope that helps

Thanks