cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move DLO 7 Database to remote SQL server

ElHeffe
Level 3

How do I move the DLO 7 database to a remote SQL instance?

The DB is being used by SQL Express on a 2008 R2 server.  I would like to move it to a remote SQL 2008 R2 SP1 instance.

I have already move the BE DB without incidence.  The DLO DB appears to be there but the DLO Admin is looking at the local SQL Express instance.

2 REPLIES 2

ShyamKrishnegow
Level 4
Employee

Once the database is successfully attached to the database server, SQL 2008 R2 SP1 instance on the remote machine follow the below steps.

On the machine where the administrator service or the DB currently exists, go to Run > Regedit > HKLM > Software > Symantec > DLO > 3.0 > DB

Here change the values of DBInstance and DBServer to the instance name of SQL 2008 R2 SP1 and the hostname of DBServer respectively.

Restart the Admin service now and launch the console.

Notes:

1. If the instance name of SQL 2008 R2 SP1 is default (MSSQLSERVER) then the DBInstance registry value should be null, i.e no text should be provided.
  2. Ensure the database is detached from existing instance and attached to the new instance on the desired remote machine properly before applying the above changes.

ShyamKrishnegow
Level 4
Employee

Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the attached readme file and let us know if the issue is resolved.