cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook hangs-up on PST backup-DLO

mark25
Level 4

HI All I encounter this issue,

I'm in a production environment, while i'm backing up PST,. the users ask me why their outlooks hangsup? 

Thats why i have a doubt if i backing up the 50gb of pst,cause the user's complaint me with this issue.

can you help me o fix this?

DLO-8.0

DOMAIN-YES

BACKUP TYPE- FILES AND PST

note: if i used the  "Enable vss Backup of outlook pst files after 30 min." in the desktop agent, i recieved the message "pending network that's why i choose "enable message level incremental backups of outlook PST files" to have a success backup on pst.

Thanks

Mark25

5 REPLIES 5

Riyaj_S
Employee Accredited Certified

Reducing the amount of resources used by DLO agent may help, details mentioned in following article :

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000097946

Thanks and Regards,

Riyaj

Hi Riyaj

Do you think it doesn't have negative impact to my client's outlook?, even if they use it?

Thanks

Mark Joseph Sunico

Riyaj_S

These settings are DLO agent specific, to reduced the resources used by DLO agent so other applications on the system like outlook would be able to utilize them. It won't have any negative impact on any applications instead would improve resource availability for other applications.

Thanks and Regards,

Riyaj

HI Riyaj,

But based on my experience they complaint with me because of these issue, do you have a technote or article if what is the requirements  on Desktop agent on backing up the pst?

Thanks

Mark25

Riyaj_S