cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST backup in DLO

shamee
Level 5

Hi,

We are using DLO 7.5 and configured delta changes and dedupe. We are facing many backup failiure due to PST. Our email system is O365 and OST is not being backed up. I know there are two types of PST backups, that are incremental and VSS. Can someone please help me how to configure this both to ensure that DLO backup wont disturb users while they working on PCs. What are the best practices around PST? Please help. Thanks.

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I would recommend using VSS method over MAPI incremental method as this doesn't cause any user interruption during backup. It requires Delta File Transfer to be enabled along with atleast 1 revision set. When VSS option is enabled, do ensure the other option (MAPI incremental) is disabled.

Its not recommended to have both options enabled (any they both would not work at the same time anyways) and secondly, using incremental method will use a MAPI lock which can prevent users from accessing the .pst file at the time of backup.

shamee
Level 5

Thanks. Also can you please tell me where we need to set this?

shamee
Level 5

What will happen when both MAPI and VSS are enabled? How will the backup work at tha time?

shamee
Level 5

What will happen when both MAPI and VSS are enabled? How will the backup work at tha time?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Even, if both are enabled, then only one method is used. I believe, by default MAPI is used.

Edit the Profile, click on Options tab and enable the VSS method.

Click on the Backup Selections tab, highlight the .pst selection to modify. Click on Revisions tab and at least 1 revision should be set for both DUDF and NUDF. In the same window, click on Option tab and enable Delta File Transfer.