cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace DLO 7.6 server with new hardware and new server name

Ed_Laukiavich
Level 4

I am in process of replacing our current DLO server due to lease return with a new server that will have a new name. I found artilces on migrating clients to a new server location ( https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000021773 ) but the client is still left pointing the the old server as the admin server. It seems the only way to change the client in that regard is to uninstall the client and reinstall from the new server, that seems to be quite labor intensive).

Hopefully I just have not been able to stumble across an existing artilcle which covers this scenario. Any help in finding the solution would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This article is still valid for SDLO 7.6

Few questions for clarification -

- Is the old DLO server still active or decommissioned ?

- Was the same exact version, i.e. 7.6 installed on the new server ?

- Do you receive any error when running the ChangeServer command from the old server ?

Additionally, have a look @ the section "-MigrateUser command" in the Admin Guide for another method.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This article is still valid for SDLO 7.6

Few questions for clarification -

- Is the old DLO server still active or decommissioned ?

- Was the same exact version, i.e. 7.6 installed on the new server ?

- Do you receive any error when running the ChangeServer command from the old server ?

Additionally, have a look @ the section "-MigrateUser command" in the Admin Guide for another method.