Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring of DLO Database and Dedupe Database was "FAILED"

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

resoration failed.jpg

Hi Good Day! I was encountered this error showing above with red box, when I'm trying to restore my backed up DLO Database and Dedupe Database. What can I do?

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

To clarify, the second site will be used only when the first site goes down right ?

If that's the case, you should be backing up the NUDF & the DeDupe storage locations also (using backup applications such as Backup Exec / Netbackup).

If not & the second site will be the primary DLO server, are you able to access the NUDF / DeDupe storage locations from the new server ?

Are the clients pointing towards the new server ?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

VJware
Level 6

Does the .bak file actually exist at path C:DLODatabase ?

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Thanks for the respond.

Yes .bak file exist at path C:DLODatabase.

VJware
Level 6

I am not in front of a test system, however path C:DLODatabase seems to be incorrect. Shouldn't it be C:\DLODatabase instead ?

Try moving the .bak files to another folder on the C:\ such as Test. Do ensure full access is explicitly granted to these files. Right-click the .bak files and ensure that they are not set to Read-Only as well.

Lastly, is the DeDupe Server service stopped before attempting to restore the DB ?

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Yes, the Dedupe Server service was stopped before I attemp to restore the DB.

VJware
Level 6

How about the other points regarding the new path, permissions & read-only attribute ? Thanks.

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Hi! Yes, the path are exactly the same and the permissions are already full control and the read-only was uncheck. By the way I've already restore the DLO and Dedupe Databases when I stop the SQL Services in Services then a minute after I turn it on then restart the Machine then the restoration was success. But I encountered some error. When clicking the Users in Restore Tab the error occured and a little bit seconds the console was not responding. See the photo below. Thanks! Best Regards!

ERROR.jpg

ERROR2.jpg

VJware
Level 6

This error usually occurs due to permissions.

Under which account are you logged in to the DLO server & under which account are the DLO services running ?

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Okay this is the scenario. I have 2 DLO Server, the First One is the Original DLO server where I usually created the Dedupe Server, Storage Locations, Profiles, Users and ETC. The Second One is the DLO Server which I only Installed DLO (No Configuration). In the first DLO Server which is the Original I've triggered a backup for the whole Dedupe Database and DLO Database just to restore it to the Second DLO Server. So the account that I've been used in my Second DLO Server is the account that I'm using to my First DLO Server which is Domain admin and Administrator. Hoping that you're not getting confused.

VJware
Level 6

Are you going to be decommissioning the old DLO server or just moving the DLO role to the new server ?

Also, are the storages (NUDF & DeDupe) going to be kept on the old server or the new server ?

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

No I'm not going to decommissioning the old DLO Server. I am just moving the DLO role to the new server and YES NUDF and DEDUPE are still be kepting in the old server. The reason why I've been created a new DLO server is for this scenario "What if the First DLO Server goes down what will you do?" So I backed up the whole DLO just in case my First DLO Server goes down. Just for backup purposes. So it doesnt matter if my First DLO Server crash or something happens that can may cause loosing of my datas, because I have another one which can I use to continue backup jobs and restoring.

VJware
Level 6

To clarify, the second site will be used only when the first site goes down right ?

If that's the case, you should be backing up the NUDF & the DeDupe storage locations also (using backup applications such as Backup Exec / Netbackup).

If not & the second site will be the primary DLO server, are you able to access the NUDF / DeDupe storage locations from the new server ?

Are the clients pointing towards the new server ?

J_Huggins
Level 6
Partner

Hi VJWare. This case was close. I'll post a new problem, hope you can help me there also.

Thanks for your help. Godbless!

Best Regards!