cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Error! - Abnormal program termination

smithj
Level 6

Hi

We have a user who is getting the attached error when he launches Symantec DLO.

This started happening since the user was given a new username and logged into the same computer with the new username.

Here is what we have done so far to try and resolve the problem:

1) Uninstalled DLO, removed Symantec DLO directory from Program Data and reinstalled agent

2) Uninstalled DLO, uninstalled all instances of Visual C++, then re-installed Symantec DLO

3) Removed old username from Symantec DLO Console and recreated new username

Should his old Windows 7 profile be removed from the computer?

Thanks

Jimmy

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you receive this error when any other user logs in to the same system ?

If not, then removing the old user profile is fine.

If yes, then the problem possible is due to something else.

Try theis KBs as well -

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH214164

If the above KB doesn't help, delete the user from the DLO console and create a new user (with the new username) and then check if the DLO client launches properly or not. (Before deleting the old user, do copy the existing backups to an alternate location).

Lastly, if the above doesn't help, you could enable verbose logging via the registry and try to launch the DLO client and post/pm me the logs.

smithj
Level 6

Hi VJware

Thanks for the response.

I will get someone else to logon and see if they get the same problem. I have already tried the suggestion in the KB you sent the link for.

I'll let you know how it goes

Thanks again

Jimmy

smithj
Level 6

Hi VJware

We got another user to logon and it is working fine.

The windows profile that the user who is having the problem is using is the same profile that he had with the old username. I really don't want to have to re-create the windows profile as this would cause a large inconvenience for the user. Is there any way of changing DLO logon information or changing some registry settings so that DLO logs on with the correct credentials for the new logon?

Thanks

Jimmy