cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDLO 7.5 SP1 is not working with win8 or win 8.1

Dear All,

I got a strange error, after i have installed the Agent on my computer.

DLO says that the server name is not specified in the registry. I have checked it, and it is exist. I have installed the Agent as Administrator not with the my domain user account, i have attached the message is appeared when i start the Agent with my user account.

Is there any official solution for this problem?

Thank you.

Regards,

Joe

9 Replies

Hi Joe,   Check

Hi Craig,   Thank you for the

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the reponse.

I have used the setup.exe when I installed the agent.

I have checked the registry (HKLM), the DBServer and DBName keys are conatins correct information.

I have uninstalled and then installed the Agent many times, but no success.

Thank you.

Joe

Would you login to the

Would you login to the computer using the account which will be eventually used for the backups and then enable verbose logging using this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH51435

Secondly, is UAC enabled ? If yes, does disabling it (which requires a system reboot) help ? Is the logged in user present in the DLO Administration console under the Users tab ?

Hi, I think i have found a

Hi,

I think i have found a possible solution for this issue, the last comment of this topic seems to be the solution: http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/symantec-dlo-75-not-working-windows-8

After i have modified the registry on my laptop according it, DLO starting to save the data.

I would need an official solution for this issue, because i am not a develpoer, and no idea how could i update the registry for the actually logged on person. I have ca. 5000 users.

Thank you.

Joe

Hi Joe,   This issue has been

Hi Joe,

This issue has been offcialy resolved in DLO 7.6 version....

Regards,

Shyam

Hi Shyam,   Thank you for

Hi Shyam,

Thank you for your response.

According to my latest info, the DLO 7.6 is in Beta version now. Am I right?

I didn`t have any update from Symantec side, that DLO 7.6 is available.

Thank you.

Regards,

Joe

Hi Joe, Yes your right Beta

Hi Joe,

Yes your right Beta program is over and for 7.6 release please contact PM for this...

Regards,

Shyam

Can you please provide the

Can you please provide the link for Sdlo 7.6................

SDLO 7.6 will be GA in

SDLO 7.6 will be GA in Aug-14.