cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDLO 7.5 SP1 is not working with win8 or win 8.1

Joe_DTT
Level 3

Dear All,

I got a strange error, after i have installed the Agent on my computer.

DLO says that the server name is not specified in the registry. I have checked it, and it is exist. I have installed the Agent as Administrator not with the my domain user account, i have attached the message is appeared when i start the Agent with my user account.

Is there any official solution for this problem?

Thank you.

Regards,

Joe

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Joe_DTT
Level 3

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the reponse.

I have used the setup.exe when I installed the agent.

I have checked the registry (HKLM), the DBServer and DBName keys are conatins correct information.

I have uninstalled and then installed the Agent many times, but no success.

Thank you.

Joe

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Would you login to the computer using the account which will be eventually used for the backups and then enable verbose logging using this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH51435

Secondly, is UAC enabled ? If yes, does disabling it (which requires a system reboot) help ? Is the logged in user present in the DLO Administration console under the Users tab ?

Joe_DTT
Level 3

Hi,

I think i have found a possible solution for this issue, the last comment of this topic seems to be the solution: http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/symantec-dlo-75-not-working-windows-8

After i have modified the registry on my laptop according it, DLO starting to save the data.

I would need an official solution for this issue, because i am not a develpoer, and no idea how could i update the registry for the actually logged on person. I have ca. 5000 users.

Thank you.

Joe

ShyamKrishnegow
Level 4
Employee

Hi Joe,

This issue has been offcialy resolved in DLO 7.6 version....

Regards,

Shyam

Joe_DTT
Level 3

Hi Shyam,

Thank you for your response.

According to my latest info, the DLO 7.6 is in Beta version now. Am I right?

I didn`t have any update from Symantec side, that DLO 7.6 is available.

Thank you.

Regards,

Joe

ShyamKrishnegow
Level 4
Employee

Hi Joe,

Yes your right Beta program is over and for 7.6 release please contact PM for this...

Regards,

Shyam

Ola_Olalegbin
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Can you please provide the link for Sdlo 7.6................

Shashank_Mulay
Level 2
Employee

SDLO 7.6 will be GA in Aug-14.