Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDLO 8 Desktop angent problem on Windows XP

vkondelka
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello,

I have problem with SDLO 8 Desktop agent installed on windows xp pro SP3.

I remotely installed desktop angent with successfull installation on windows xp. When common user, without administration rights, is log on, during backup whole pc freeze and restart. After restart whole situation is repeating.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vkondelka
Level 3

Hello,

I finally found reason of freezing win xp machines during backup. It was collision of two programs - SDLO and SodatSW OptimAccess.

After uninstalling OptimAccess, everything is OK.

Vaclav

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Is this a 32-bit or a 64-bit desktop ?

Does the common user have rights to access the NUDF ? Does this user also have a right to create/delete a scheduled task ?

If running any AV, set it to exclude from scanning the DLO Change Journal process.

Does the PC freeze upon a specific file backup such as a .pst ?

vkondelka
Level 3

Hello,

It is 32-bit desktop.

User is local administrator and I see NUDF, I can create/delete scheduled task.

PC freeze upon normal file backup, not specific file.

I donť know what is AV.

Thak you.

vkondelka
Level 3

I found this error after freeze in evet log:

The description for Event ID (0) in Source (DLO Dedupe Engine). The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or DLL files reports required to display messages from a remote computer. To obtain this description, you can use the / AUXSOURCE = flag. For more information, see Help. Part of the event are the following: 09/29/2015 14: 33: 43: 223, 2200, 2068, [Error], "DDCloseHandle: CloseHandle failed. --- [GetLastError ()]: (null), 6"

VJware
Level 6

AV is Antivirus.

Does only this PC freeze up or others as well ?

If Dedupe is disabled, does the backup run fine ?

What is the CPU & Memory usage of this PC during backup ?

vkondelka
Level 3

Hello,

All desktops with windows xp are freezing.

I disabled antivirus and move local storage on desktop directly to disk C, but no change.

Usage of cpu and memory is normal.

Disabling dedupe means uncheck enable dedupe on profile card?

VJware
Level 6

Yes, Create a test profile with Dedupe unchecked and assign this profile to the XP machines. Check if the machine freezes up during backup or not.

If the backup still freezes with DeDupe disabled, enable verbose logging and post the DLO client logs over here as an attachment. Thanks.

vkondelka
Level 3

Hello, 

I found out some think. When is service Symantec DLO Desktop Agent Change Journal Reader running with local system account, pc freeze. But when is servece runnig under local admin account (I put user name and password of local admin), it works.

Do you have any suggestions where shoud be error?

Thank you.

VJware
Level 6

The Change Journal service need not be a local admin and secondly, the built-in local system account has full and extensive privileges on the local system. It's quite strange that this account is causing a problem, since this account is not only OS built-in, but is powerful as well.

Can you confirm what security and sharing permissions are present on the NUDF. What rights does the logged in user have on the Tasks and System folder on C:\ ?

vkondelka
Level 3

Hello,

I found this error on the pc:

There is no description for Event ID (0) in Source (DLO Dedupe Engine). The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or DLL files reports required to display messages from a remote computer. To obtain this description, you can use the / AUXSOURCE = flag. For more information, see Help. Part of the event are the following: 08/10/2015, 11: 40: 28: 387, 3672, 1980, [Error], "CFileCodecV001 :: ValidateBackup / (ERRORLOGGER): Error Code = 25008; Error Message = Invalid Meta data. "

I try to use profile without deduplication, but with same result. 

The logged in user is domain user and local administrator. Group Administrators has full rights on disk C:/ and I can create/delete scheduled tasks.

Thank you

VJware
Level 6

What error is logged in the event viewer when DeDupe is disabled ?

vkondelka
Level 3

It is the error after disabling dedupe.

There are same errors with or without dedupe.

VJware
Level 6

Pls log a support case so that an engineer can have a look @ your setup and figure out what's going wrong. Thanks.

vkondelka
Level 3

It has already done, thank you.

vkondelka
Level 3

Hello,

I finally found reason of freezing win xp machines during backup. It was collision of two programs - SDLO and SodatSW OptimAccess.

After uninstalling OptimAccess, everything is OK.

Vaclav